Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Quickie! Linguine with Lemon-Garlic Shrimp

Tonight’s dinner was an unexpected surprise.  My husband came home and one of the first things he said was, "So what's for dinner?"  I gave him two ideas, Linguine with Lemon-Garlic Shrimp or a Tofu Veggie Stir Fry.  He chose the linguine and we were very happy with the choice. 

The recipe comes from Jan/Feb Fine Cooking magazine, here's the link, Linguine with Lemon-Garlic ShrimpThere are only 10 ingredients in this recipe and it didn't take more than 5 or 6 minutes to put together once the linguine is cooked. 

First the butter is melted and garlic and chillies are added until the garlic starts to brown.  Then in goes the shrimp and they are cooked until they turn nice and pink.  Isn't it gorgeous!
Then I added the liquids and reduced them down for a minute or so
The rest if the ingredients are added along with the pasta for a beautiful end result

My husband called this an all-time favourite so it will definitely make its way onto the menu again.  It was so easy and full of flavour.  Next time I think I might add a handful of fresh basil to toss in just before serving. 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!