Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ever Since I Was A Little Girl I Looooved....


OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES!  My mom would buy packs of oatmeal raisin cookies at Buns Masters, they were nice and crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle.  That was what I was going for with these and I they were. 

I packaged up some of them to give to my hair stylist, whom I hadn't seen her for a while. They don't appear to be very kid friendly though.  My younger brother is at my house for a sleepover, he had one bite and asked for a different dessert. He had cup of ice cream instead, that has been in the freezer for a a long time, apparently that is better than my homemade cookies.  Oh well, I liked them!  I hope you like them to.

Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Ingredients

  • ¾ cup sugar
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • ½ cup unsalted butter
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg, at room temperature
  • ¾ cup flour
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 ½ cup old fashioned oats
  • ½ cup raisin
  • ½ cup chopped pecans
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Combine white and brown sugar with butter until light and fluffy
  3. Add the egg and vanilla, mixing to combine.
  4. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.  Gradually add flour to butter mixture.
  5. Stir in the oats, raisins and nuts
  6. Drop dough by the tablespoon full onto a baking sheet separated by about 2 inches.
  7. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly then remove from sheet onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Makes 24 cookies.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!