Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Get a Loaf of This....Stout and Cheddar Meatloaf

If you're the type of person that worries about eating healthy all of the time you might want to stop reading.  BUT if you are the type of person that likes eating delicious food then read on!  This recipe is on the cover of Fine Cooking magazine this month so it has been calling to me since I first laid eyes on it. 

Now I know I said in my last post that a lot of my recipes are my own or revisions of recipes I have read.  A lot of them also come from magazines, especially Fine Cooking because they really know what they're doing over there.  So to avoid copyright infrigement I will be posting a link to recipes on the Fine Cooking website when I use their recipes.  This is okay with Fine Cooking according to their website.

Stout and Cheddar Meatloaf is bursting with flavour.  There is a lot of prep involved in making the meatloaf but the end result is worth it. Here is how the meatloaf looked before it was cooked, (yes it's wrapped in bacon)



When it came out of the oven,

And finally, on the plate

As a side I roasted potatoes, turnips and parsnips tossed in olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.  It was in a 425degree oven for about 40 minutes. 

My husband and I really enjoyed our meal.  I`m pretty sure this meatloaf will make it onto the menu again in the future.  I hope you give it a try!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!