Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oh Baby, Rolo Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe is genius, make a chocolate chip cookie dough then stuff it with a Rolo.  You just can't go wrong. I found this recipe at a blog filled with great recipes like this one, My Baking Addiction. Check it out, you wont regret it!

The recipe specifies using a cookie scoop, I happen to have one and I love it.  It's a great gadget to add to any kitchen.  Cookies end up coming out all the same size which doesn't really matter but every time it makes me happy when I see them come out of the oven so perfectly.  It also helps with even cooking.  I did have to cook the cookies a little longer than the recipe said, probably about 2 minutes longer.  Sometimes that happens, times can vary from one oven to the next.

Steps two and three tell you to roll the dough into a ball and flatten in your palm.  Then you stuff a frozen rolo inside and roll it back up again.  Doing this reminded me of making hamburgers and stuffing them with cheese, but instead it's a cookie.



The cookies are a nice and big size and I really liked the addition of chopped pecans.

Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yields | about 30 cookies
From My Baking Addiction


Ingredients
1 ½ cups unsalted butter; softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs
3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans
30 Rolos; frozen at least 2 hours


Directions
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed or with spoon until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in chocolate chips and pecans.
2. Measure dough using a medium cookie scoop (about 1.5 tablespoons). Roll into a ball and then flatten in the palm of your hands.
3. Place a frozen Rolo in the centers of the flattened dough balls and form dough back into a ball around the Rolo.
4. Place Rolo stuffed dough balls into the freezer for 15-20 minutes before baking.
5. On cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, place dough balls 2 inches apart.
6. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.  (I had to cook 2 minutes longer)

 
I brought a couple of these to work and my co-workers really enjoyed them.  I like them a lot as well, I've eaten two today and I don't usually eat much of my baking.....and I'm starting on my third right now....hehe
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!