Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I've Been A Bad Girl! Full Fat Cream....WOW


I feel like mother nature is teasing us these days.  I'm just itching for some warmer weather. There is nothing like that first morning in spring when you wake up and it's warm enough outside to grab a cup a joe and sit outside under the warm sun without needing a sweater.  Lately it has been sunny but when you head outside it is still COLD and windchill, what's the deal!  I know I shouldn't complain but enough is enough.

Today I figured if mother nature isn't going to give me sunshine then I'm going to keep going with the comfort food.  So I made FULL FAT Fettuccine Alfredo, is there really any other way to go?  I often can't bring myself to pouring a full carton of heavy cream into the sauce but this time I ignored the angel on my shoulder and listened to the devil;) 

I don't order Fettuccine Alfredo often when I am at a restaurant, mainly because I usually find myself disappointed and wondering how they could screw it up.  And I still feel that way, I mean every ingredient is packed with flavour how can you go wrong.  Let me tell you, I definitely did it right on this one.  Better than anything I remember having in a restaurant. 

The only thing I regret is not making my own fresh pasta.  It's not really a task to take on during the week, so I bought a pack at the grocery store instead.  It did the trick but homemade fresh pasta would just put this over the top.  I hope you give into the Full Fat Devil and try this some time, you'll love it!

Fettuccine Alfredo
Ingredients
  • 2 Cups Heavy Cream
  • 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
  • 1 1/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Salt & Black Pepper
  • 1 Pound Fresh Fettuccine
Directions
  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Turn the burner to it's lowest setting, and drop in the pasta. Cook the pasta only a couple of minutes until it’s al dente.  Drain the pasta, and reserve.
  2. In a separate pot or a skillet with high sides, heat together the cream and butter over medium heat until bubbling. Add half of the Parmesan cheese to the cream mixture. Also add salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Add pasta to sauce and toss to coat well.  While you are mixing incorporate the remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!