Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Home Remedy, Lemon Honey Tea


I’m sick….grrr!  What a pain in the you know what.  I really thought that I was going to be lucky enough to not get sick this year.  Last winter I was sick 4 times before Christmas.  This year, nothing.  I had a few scratch throats that didn’t last more than a day.  I kept beating it, fighting the common cold and winning all winter long. Today, the cold won. 
I’m hoping that with a day of rest I can get back on track and I’ll be as good as new tomorrow.  So this morning I woke up and made a pot of Lemon Honey Tea.  I wanted something that would soothe my sore throat.  I grabbed a pot and added 4 cups of water; while it started boiling I peeled a 2 inch piece of ginger and the rind off of 1 lemon and tossed it into the pot.  I let the mixture simmer for about ten minutes.  Then I added 1-2 tablespoons of honey, depends how sweet you like it, and 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
It works!  It tastes good, although I think my taste buds are a little off right now. Most importantly it feels great on my throat. I plan on drinking this tea all day and getting a lot of sleep.  I hope none of you have to try this tea and you can avoid getting sick but just in case I’ll leave the recipe for you.
Lemon Honey Tea
Ingredients

  • 4 cups water
  • 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled
  • Rind from 1 large lemon (just use a knife and peel it off like a potato)
  • 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1-2 tbsp honey, to taste
Directions

  1. Add 4 cups of water to a pot and bring to a boil over high heat
  2. Add lemon rind and ginger to pot.  Once the water is boiling reduce to medium heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. 
  3. Remove the pot from the heat and add lemon juice and honey.  Pour the tea into a teapot and serve.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!