Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bro's Brownies



I’ve made these brownies a few times and brought them to BBQ’s or given them to friends.  They are always a big hit!  I was trying to come up with something to bring to my little bro’s B-Day dinner tonight and I wanted to make sure it would be something that he liked.  That can be a little tricky at times, it does get easier as he gets older but you can never go wrong with a brownie. 
The recipe comes together quickly and easily.  You can also switch up some of the ingredients and get a different flavour every time.  I’ve made these with chocolate chips instead of the butterscotch chips for a double chocolate chip brownie or add peanut butter chips for a chocolate peanut butter brownie.  As I was going through my baking cupboard I noticed some Skor bits, which would also be a great addition to the recipe.  You could add about ½ cup with the marshmallows.
Since there was cake for the party today not everyone had a brownie, but my dad and brother were happy to have the leftovers.  The hubby was disappointed when I told him I didn’t keep any at home for us, so I promised to make another batch.  Keep reading the next post to see what I came up with for him.
Disappearing Brownies
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
1.        Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
2.       Using a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butterscotch chips and butter together in the microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth. Set aside to cool.
3.       In a large bowl, stir together the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix in the melted butterscotch chips, then the flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth. Stir in the marshmallows and chocolate chips last. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
4.       Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven. Cool, and cut  into squares.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!