Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thanks Frank

I had a FANTASTIC weekend!  I feel like I haven’t said that in a long time.  I think it started off just right with my Birthday and a temperature of +15C….WOW!  I have never had weather like that for my birthday before.  Maybe it’s a sign that my last year in my 20’s will be a good one. 
I took on a big task today and made an extra huge batch of Bolognese sauce to package up and freeze for the months to come.  By the end of it all I'm spent, so I gave the man of the house a recipe and said make this for dinner.  It worked, he followed the recipe to a T and made delicious Frank’s Red Hot Chicken Burgers.  Again I am being a little sneaky with this because he LOVES Hamburgers….but beef not chicken.  He also LOVES Frank’s, so two out of three…Frank’s Chicken Burgers.
The sauce simmered for most of the evening so we didn't get to have that for dinner tonight.  But one day in the future I'll take a pack out of the freezer when I don't feel like cooking and I'll let you know how it all turned out.  I'll give you a peak at how much sauce we're talking about.

Back to the burgers, I'm definitely making these again.  This time we grilled them on our indoor griddle but when the warmer weather comes I want to try them on the BBQ.  

Frank’s Chicken Burgers
Ingredients
·        1lb ground chicken
·        ½ tsp salt
·        ½ tsp pepper
·        1 tsp dried basil
·        1 tsp dried oregano
·        ¼ cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
·        ½ cup Parmesan cheese
·        4 slices cheddar cheese
·        Favourite chicken burger toppings
·        4 hamburger buns

Directions
  1. In a large bowl combine ground chicken, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, Parmesan and Frank’s.
  2. Mix until just combined, you don’t want to over mix or the meat will get tough. Form into 4 patties.
  3. Grill patties on both sides for about 10 minutes. When burgers are almost done top with cheese and allow the cheese to melt.
  4. Add finished burgers to buns to buns and top with your preferred burger toppings, lettuce, mayo and tomatoes for meJ

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!