Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

PB and BS Cookies


This morning my mom called and told me that she made cookies for my dog, Arlo.  She's been doggy sitting all weekend and I thought to myself if my dog gets cookies I want cookies to.  I was going to make my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies but I was out of chocolate chips.  But I did have butterscotch chips, so I adapted my recipe and turned them into Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cookies.

Here's my tip for making great cookies, it's something that most of you probably wont believe at first but trust me it's true.  BY GOOD VANILLA!!!  Don't buy that stuff at the grocery store that come in 1L jugs for $4.99.  Most specialty food stores will sell good vanilla. I go to HomeSense and they usually have cheaper bottles of the good quality stuff.  I end up spending about $8.99 for a 250mL bottle and it lasts me about 3 months, and I bake a lot of cookies:)

PB and BS Cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 ¼ cups flour
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • ¾ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ½ cup butter
  • ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Mix well.
  3. Cream together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. Add vanilla and egg and mix until well incorporated.
  5. Add dry ingredients to the bowl and start mixing on low until just incorporated, so that the flour doesn’t fly everywhere.  Turn up the speed to medium and mix until the flour is mixed in well.
  6. Using an ice cream style cookie dough scoop drop balls about 2 tsp in size 2 inches apart. Press a fork lightly in a cross over each cookie.
  7. Bake 9 minutes and cool on a pan for about 3 minutes.  Place cookies on rack and let cool completely.  Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!