Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Waffles and Baked Potatoes


No I don’t mean waffles and potatoes together, separately.  I wanted to combine two posts in one because I don’t have a picture to show you of the baked potato. 
One the weekend we had our first campfire of the year, it was even nice enough out to enjoy our gourmet Saturday night dinner outside.  Hubby loves hot dogs so I agreed to have them for dinner as long as we also had baked potato, my favourite.  I prefer to do my baked potato in the oven and they are to die forJ  Here’s how I do it; preheat oven to 400F, rinse and scrub potato, dry well with a paper towel, coat the potatoes with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.  Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes and the inside will be perfectly smooth and creamy and the outside is crispy and flavourful.
Tonight’s dinner was Waffles!  When my little brother comes to my place for the weekend he and the hubby insist on waffles and bacon for breakfast.  Those two eat waffles like there’s no tomorrow, it’s obscene.  But I like making them for my two favourite guys! 
For tonight’s dinner I tried a new recipe and I definitely did not regret it.  They were light and still had a nice crisp to the outside.  We tried them with homemade strawberry jam and whipped cream and also with fresh maple syrup.  I guess the biggest problem with this is that you need to have a waffle iron.  My iron was a Christmas gift two years ago and I get a lot of use out if it, one of the best gifts I’ve received.  So throw a waffle iron on your next Birthday or Christmas list, it’s worth it!
Waffles
Ingredients
·       2 eggs
·       2 cups all-purpose flour
·       1 3/4 cups milk
·       1/2 cup vegetable oil
·       1 tablespoon white sugar
·       4 teaspoons baking powder
·       1/4 teaspoon salt
·       1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1.  Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.

2.  Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto   hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!