Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Holy Enchiladas


The picture of the enchiladas is terrible, I apologize. I was really hungry and when I snapped a couple of shots while it was in the oven I thought they were good enough.  I was wrong.  But the enchiladas were so tasty that I had to post about them anyways.
 
The recipe was quick to put together and full of flavor.  It would make a great family weeknight meal.  With a few healthy substitutions like fat free cream cheese, ground chicken and low calorie flour tortillas and a side garden you can’t feel guilty eating this meal. 

I’ll keep the post short and sweet so I can get back outside and enjoy the rest of this BEAUTIFUL weather.            

Chili Cheese Black Bean Enchiladas

Ingredients
·  Cooking spray
·  1 medium onion chopped
·  1 teaspoon ground cumin
·  1 teaspoon dried oregano
·  1 teaspoon chili powder
·  2 garlic cloves, minced
·  1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
·  1 lb ground chicken
·  1 cup bottled salsa
·  ½ cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
·  1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
·  1 flour tortillas, I used weight watchers low calorie tortillas
·  1 can enchilada sauce
Directions

1.    Preheat oven to 350°.
2.   Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook through, breaking up the meat as you go. Remove the meat from the pan into a small bowl
3.   Add onion and sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin, oregano, chili powder, garlic, beans, and cooked ground chicken, and cook 2 minutes, stirring mixture frequently.
4.   Stir in salsa, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, and add cream cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
5.   Warm tortillas wrapped in foil in preheating oven
6.   Spread 1/3 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
7.    Divide black bean mixture between 10 tortillas.  Spread down center of each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange enchiladas, seam sides down, crosswise in dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly over enchiladas, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is nicely melted.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!