Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Verdict, Sesame Chicken Edamame Bowl


Drum roll please….the winner is Sesame Chicken Edamame Bowl.  Thanks to Jen for casting the one and only vote that helped me decide what to make for dinner.  If it weren’t for her we might have starved.

I will try running the poll on facebook again.  Usually I give the hubby a chance to choose what I will make.  I give him a couple of options and he will always choose the meatiest veggie free dish.  Usually that’s not the one I would prefer.  This way I get someone elses point of view.  Hopefully from time to time I’ll get my veggie filled dish.

This recipe was supper easy and fast.  I was ready to start stir frying before the rice finished cooking.  The only thing I thought it was lacking was a little spice.  But I don’t mind adding my own sriracha sauce at the table.  It all seems pretty healthy to, with edamame, peppers and brow rice you can’t go wrong.

Sesame Chicken Edamame Bowl

Ingredients
·       2 tsp oil
·       1 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
·       2 tsp minced peeled fresh lemongrass
·       2 garlic cloves, minced
·       1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast or thigh, cut into bite-sized pieces
·       2 cups frozen shelled edamame
·       2 cups frozen bell pepper stir-fry mix
·       2 tbsp soy sauce
·       1 tbsp rice wine
·       1 tbsp honey
·       1 tbsp dark sesame oil
·       1 tsp cornstarch
·       ½ cup diagonally cut green onions
·       cooked brown rice
Preparation
1.      Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. 
2.     Add ginger, lemongrass, and garlic to skillet; sauté 1 minute or just until mixture begins to brown. Add chicken; sauté 2 minutes. Add edamame and stir-fry mix; sauté 3 minutes.
3.     Add sauce mixture to pan; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in onions. Serve over rice.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!