Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Banana Muffin Muffin Baby


For a long time I kept bugging the hubby to get a new dishwasher.  He resisted and tried to stay on top of the dishes so that I wouldn’t complain about having to do them all the time.  Then when he started renovating the bathroom he didn’t have time to do that and stay on top of the dishes.  This was my chance!  Every night I would do the dishes and not complain about it, then after over a month of it I said, “So I’m pretty tired of doing dishes, maybe it’s time to get a dishwasher? I think this company Bosch would be a good choice.” Bosch is a little more expensive but top of the line and I knew that he had a soft spot for Bosch.   He was sold!  I didn’t hesitate.  As soon as the bathroom was complete I ordered it and today it was delivered today, right to our door, they even took the old one that I had quarantined when we moved in.
So what’s left to do then bake and dirty some dishes to put in the new dishwasherJ  Also, my little bro is spending the entire weekend at my place and I wanted to bake something for him.  He told me that he brings muffins to school for his snacks so I thought I would make Banana Muffins.  I had a bunch of ripe bananas sitting on the counter so it worked out well.
The verdict…..He Says, “It's BananaY!”  those words exactly.  I say, these are the easiest muffins to make.  They take no time to put together, they taste great and the ingredients are simple.  I mostly like how you don’t have to remember to bring some butter to room temperature a few hours before making them, it’s melted!  I’ll definitely make these muffins again.  I'll cut the time down a little, I had them in for 25 minutes I think 20-22 would be good enough next time.
Banana Muffins
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
  3. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.
  4. Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes and large muffins for 20 to 35 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!