Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

FAILURE!!!

This might come as a big surprise to all of you, I'm not perfect!  Even though my Mom says that I am, even I make mistakes.  Tonight's dinner was one of them.  I have never had spaghetti squash before and when we passed it in the grocery store I had this great idea to come up with something delicious to make with it.  I racked my brain all week trying to come up with something and tonight I finally decided to do this,

I'll break it all down for you, starting with where this idea came from, my Mom.  She makes this same dish with actual spaghetti instead of squash.  It is so good!  There is alot of garlic, as much as you can chop. Olive oil gets infused with the garlic and diced red and green pepper are sauteed in the oil.  Then spaghetti is toss with the oil and veggie mixture.  Serve it up with grilled hot Italian sausage and a generous sprinkle of parmesan. 

I figured why not just replace the pasta with squash.  When I say it was a failure it's a small exaggeration.  We both cleared our plates and felt full afterwards.  The reason this is a failure is because I wouldn't make this again and I don't even want to bother giving you the recipe,  I don't want you to eat it either. 

I wasn't going to post my Spaghetti Squash disaster but my failures make me a better cook too.  Trying new things and learning from your mistakes is part of perfecting anything.  Next time I will stick to my Mom's recipe and use spaghetti spaghetti not spaghetti squash.  I'll have to give spaghetti squash a second chance in the future.

Come back tomorrow night and look for my Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites, hopefully they turn out well.

ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about what you've read on my blog. Let me know if you plan on trying or have tried a recipe....ENJOY!